Outside The Church

Bell Tower
Bell Tower
Built towards the end of the 14th. Century, the tower houses eight bells, five of them dating back to 1656, one from 1810, with the remaining two dating from 1930. Ringers came from far and wide to ring them. The bells were rung most Sundays to summon worshippers to Church. We also have a set of Hand Bells and the main tower bells have a ‘hand chiming system’. The bells have been silent for a few years due to the church tower being unsafe and needing restoration. Which we are glad to report has now been completed.
« 1 of 15 »