GALLERY : The original ‘West gallery’ points to having been constructed in 1763 and was enlarged in 1819 with the addition of the North gallery. This increased the seating capacity by 92 persons which was reduced when the organ was added in 1829.
PULPIT : This was moved from the body of the church and placed in the Sanctuary in 1852 (behind the rail) to assist with increased seating; at the same time the church pews were replaced’, with pews made of oak, again to provide increased capacity.
PAINTING : On the south wall is a painting by Sir Robert Porter painted in 1772. ‘The Accession’. The Scripture verse suggests it is from Luke 24:51.
SEDILIA : Situated on the south wall, is the Sedilia, a set of three seats which are placed near the altar, and recessed into the wall which were used by priests celebrating Mass or Communion. These seats were hidden from sight until roof repairs were carried out and the wood panels removed from this section of the wall. Adjoining the seats is a ‘piscina’, where the priests could wash their hands and sacred containers.
WATER STOOPS : These still remain both inside the church, on the south wall, and outside the door to the south porch. These date from pre-reformation times.
FONT : This is quite modern dating from only the 1820’s – a replacement of the old font which was removed for repairs and never returned and later found in a garden in Whitehall Place but badly damaged and of no further use.
TWO STATUES : Over the Lord’s Table are the statues of Saint Peter (with keys) and Saint Paul (with sword), the patron Saints of this church. They were presented to the church by Edith Frewen in 1925 and are the work of her sculptor father F. J. Williamson.
ORGAN : To the west end of the church, behind you as you sit facing the altar, is the Church organ. This was built and added to the gallery in 1829 by John Bunting; it was rebuilt in 1887 and renovated in 1936. It is still in use today.